1. Best opening credit sequence for a Bond film ever. Made more awesome by Adele's soulful song stylings.
2. Daniel Craig kicks serious ass, all over the planet.
3. Javier Barden marks an excellent return to the creepy and slightly cooky Bond villain of yesteryear. Just look at those lopsided nostrils... YOU CAN'T UNSEE THEM! IT'S ALL I SEE WHEN HE'S ON SCREEN! Bleach out all his hair and you have King Creepy; all he needs is a hairless cat.
4. Roger Deakins hits it out of the park. Scenes in Shaghai are particularly breathtaking.
5. Sam Mendes? Bond? Yes! If you were worried (ok, I was worried) that Mendes would somehow try to make Bond into some American Beauty-esque thoughtful thing, it was unfounded. What was noticeably missing was the obligatory (and obnoxious) love story where womanizer Bond falls for the wrong woman, yet again. There's plenty of Bond-on-girl action and Daniel Craig nudity, but none of the overdone love stuff. We do, however, get a welcome look into just a hint of Bond's past, and get to see him struggle with being "too old for this shit."
6. Some of the best suspense and action editing I've seen in years.
7. It's a Bond movie, not a Bourne movie. I liked Casino Royale a lot, but all that parkour made me feel like I was watching a Bourne movie and not Bond. This movie has great action and fights but it's BOND action and fights, and it's spectacular.
8. My husband didn't hate it. In fact, he liked it, and we all know how hard he is to please.